Clinical Skills for Mental Health Counselors Conference is organized by Continuing Education, Inc and will be held from May 04 - 09, 2019 at 5-Day Bahamas Cruise, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Mental Health Counselors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, counselors and other mental health professionals, including psychiatric nurses. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 10 CEU Contact Hours.
We often see clients that are stuck on past issues. They want to"get over it", but how? This seminar is based on "Forgive For Good", by Dr. Fred Luskin and is used by permission. The information provides a step-by-step method of moving forward despite past hurts. The method is not based on religion but is consistent with many religions.
• What Forgiveness is and isn't
• Research about maintaining anger and hurt
• Research from The Forgiveness Project
• The specific, action-based steps to help clients (and ourselves) get "unstuck" from past hurts.
• Review of worksheets to use with clients.
Synopsis: One of the most difficult parts of providing effective counseling is how to keep clients engaged and participating in the therapeutic process. This seminar focuses on how to make traditional therapy interventions into games and games into therapeutic interventions. Although the techniques and examples focus on children and adolescents, the same principles and techniques apply to adults.
• Identify typical barriers to engaging clients in treatment.
• Identify common diagnoses and treatment goals.
• Identify typical treatment interventions.
• Explain how games, activities help clients participate in sessions, internalize information and practice skills.
• Translate typical treatment interventions into a variety of games and activities that are therapeutically sound.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Regular Registration (Per Attendee) fee||04 May,2019||USD 150.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Registration (Per Attendee) fee||01 Jan,2019||USD 125.00|