Chile: Northern Patagonia Multi-Sport Adventure Wilderness Medicine CME Conference is organized by Wilderness Medicine Educational Company and will be held from Jan 25 - Feb 02, 2019 at Puerto Montt, Los Lagos, Chile. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This exciting multi-sport Wilderness Medicine CME Course takes place in the spectacular northern region of Patagonia. This area has some of the most fantastic mountain scenery in the world, including giant peaks with awe-inspiring glaciers, beautiful pristine forests, and resplendent whitewater rivers.
The Futaleufu is considered to be one of the most beautiful and exciting whitewater raft experiences in the world! Well stay several nights at the fabulous Bio Bio camp right on the banks of the almost surreal turquoise Futaleufu.
Each day of this CME course will be a new adventure! Several days will be filled spectacular, professionally guided whitewater rafting on the Rio Azul, the Rio Espalon, and the Futaleufu.
We will also do some amazingly beautiful horseback riding and hiking in the Andes. There is optional mountain biking and flyfishing for feisty brown and rainbow trout.
Conference Topics :
• Altitude Illness.
• Frostbite and Other Cold Injuries.
• Environmental Heat Illness.
• Snake Envenomation.
• Traveler's Diarrhea, Giardia & Other Waterborne Wilderness Infections.
• Surviving the Unexpected Night Out.
• Lightning Injuries.
• Improvised Medical and Trauma Care.
• Management of Fractures and Dislocations.
• Preparing for Foreign Travel.
• Backcountry Medical Kits.
• Wilderness Wound Management.
• Wild Animal Attacks.
• Patient Assessment in Wilderness Settings.
• Wilderness Dermatology.
• Marine Hazards & Envenomations.
• Trip Cost: $3,995* +$200 (Roundtrip Flight from PMC/Chaiten) (includes all meals/lodging/activities)
• Additional CME Cost: $695 (Approved for 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits)
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $4195.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|