Challenging Geriatric Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jun 24, 2019 at Long Island Marriott, Uniondale, New York, United States of America.
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Social Workers
• Home Healthcare Providers
• Nursing Home Administrators
• Registered Dietitians & Dietetic Technicians
• Recreation Therapists
Course Description :
This is the best seminar on challenging geriatric behaviors that you will ever attend - GUARANTEED! Join Steven Atkinson, nationally-known expert, author and speaker on geriatrics, for a high-energy, dynamic seminar filled with interesting case studies, insightful discussions and interactive learning. You will leave this seminar with practical techniques that you can apply the next day!
Dealing with cognitively-impaired geriatric patients can be challenging even for the experienced healthcare professional. You will learn strategies to manage behaviors such as :
• Anxiety and depression
• Refusal of food and fluids.
• Inappropriate sexual advances.
If older adults are routinely under your care, minimize your risk of escalating the problems associated with troublesome, often irrational behavior by attending this program. Gain valuable insights into the causes of challenging geriatric behaviors and learn innovative and practical intervention strategies to improve the care you provide.
• Develop strategies to manage difficult behaviors in seniors who have an altered perception of reality.
Identify the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias.
• Discuss current research on the prevention of Alzheimer's disease, as well as lifestyle factors to slow the disease progression.
• Summarize the safety issues associated with geriatric patients who drive and identify individuals who pose a safety threat.
• Explain why wandering occurs in individuals with cognitive impairment and develop strategies to minimize or redirect this behavior.
• Describe the environmental and behavioral causes of agitation.
• Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate sexual behaviors in individuals with dementia.
• Distinguish between normal sleeping patterns and bedtime issues which could lead to increased health problems.
• Analyze the physical and psychological changes that affect an elder's desire and ability to eat including the changes in nutritional requirements.
• Identify the signs of caregiver stress and develop intervention strategies to prevent burnout.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||04 Jun,2019||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||23 Jun,2019||USD 219.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: per person Fee||23 Jun,2019||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator Fee||23 Jun,2019||USD 30.00|
|5 Plus Group Rate: per person Fee||23 Jun,2019||USD 189.99|