Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional: Two Day Competency Training is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Nov 21 - 22, 2019 at Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax, Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ / 12.5 clock hours / 12.5 hours of continuing education credit.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Transform your practice with this intensive 2-day Anxiety Treatment Certification training and get the skills, proven strategies, and interventions you need to take your treatment of anxiety to the next level!
You’ll learn how to more skillfully assess clients, differentiate between various anxiety presentations, fully engage clients in treatment, and effectively use tools from CBT, mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, and contemplative practices to enhance clinical outcomes.
And expert guidance on combining brain-based principles, body-oriented techniques and traditional psychotherapeutic approaches will change the way you work with challenging clients whose anxiety is exacerbated by shame, self-judgement, and attachment issues.
Plus, completion of this two-day training meets the educational requirements should you choose to apply to become a Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCATP) (visit the Institute of Certified Anxiety Treatment Professionals at (www.icatp.com) for full details and certification requirements).
Conference Objectives are:
• Establish how stories and metaphors can be used as psychoeducational tools to explain the physiology of anxiety, and how contemplative approaches impact the anxious brain and body.
• Articulate distinctions in differentiating among anxiety disorders and assessing physical symptomatology.
• Provide an explanation of how medication impacts neuroplasticity and determine when medication serves to enhance or derail anxiety treatment.
• Specify how individualized, awareness-based interventions can be used by clinicians to enhance client efforts towards change and reduce avoidance.
• Communicate how evidence-based contemplative approaches can address self-judgment, worry, and negative thinking that can exacerbate anxiety symptoms.
• Characterize how visual meditations can increase clients’ ability to focus attention and reduce rumination.
• Analyze the research on the impacts of meditative movement on anxiety symptomology.
• Establish how breathing practices can interrupt obsessive thinking, ritualized behaviors, and reassurance seeking.
• Specify how treatment plans that employ reframing techniques can interrupt anxiety-producing thoughts.
• Assess whether attachment style impacts treatment outcomes amongst clients undergoing treatment for social anxiety disorder.
• Communicate how script-based, brief deep relaxation exercises can be implemented to increase feelings of safety and enhance emotional regulation.
• Explore how journaling can be used as a clinical tool to shift clients away from anxious thoughts and toward action-oriented change.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|
|Single Registration - Regular fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 499.99|
|2 plus Group: per person fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news