Cardiovascular Medicine: Updates for the Practitioner is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS), Penzias Group and will be held from Apr 28 - May 02, 2019 at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Pharmacists in the following fields: Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Interventional Cardiology, Vascular Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care Medicine.
Earn up to
• 42.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 42.00 MOC points
• 42.00 AAFP Prescribed credits
This course is an intensive and comprehensive review of contemporary cardiovascular medicine. The objective of this five-day course is to provide a concise, state-of-the-art overview of the epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cardiovascular disease, with focused sessions on atherosclerosis, acute coronary syndromes, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, electrophysiology, vascular medicine, venous thromboembolism, cardiovascular imaging, and valvular heart disease.
The Comprehensive Update for Cardiovascular Medicine:
Hosted only once every two years, this special Harvard Medical School CME program delivers an intensive, comprehensive review of the most important changes in cardiovascular medicine. Cardiologists, internists, vascular specialists, family practitioners, pharmacists, PAs, NPs and other healthcare providers can rely on this program for critical updates and recommendations for incorporating them into your practice.
This program is among the highest rated of Harvard Medical School's CME courses. The education is relevant, practical and can be put to immediate use to ensure your patients receive the highest, most up-to-date quality of care, and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Taught by Harvard Medical School faculty who are distinguished for clinical and teaching excellence, this program is well-suited for cardiovascular medicine specialists as well as generalists and specialists in other fields who care for patients with cardiovascular conditions, including:
• Atherosclerosis: inflammation and novel risk factors
• Advanced heart failure
• Diabetes and its increasing overlap with cardiovascular disease
• Coronary artery disease
• Pulmonary embolism and DVT
• Cardiovascular imaging and stress testing
• Genetics and its relevance to daily clinical practice
• Valvular heart disease
The curriculum also focuses on new findings and advances in areas such as:
• Taming immune and inflammatory responses to treat atherosclerosis
• Treating and managing advanced heart failure
• Atrial fibrillation as a systemic cardiovascular illness
• Integrated multimodality cardiovascular imaging
• Pulmonary hypertension
• Late-breaking information regarding cardiovascular benefits and risks of antidiabetic drugs
2019 updates for diagnoses, treatment, and patient care include:
• State-of-the-art treatments and clinical practices for reducing stroke, heart attack, and cardiovascular death in patients with diabetes
• A comprehensive approach to managing atrial fibrillation, beyond rate and rhythm control
Cardiovascular imaging tests: updates to select, use and act upon the results of CT, magnetic resonance, and nuclear imaging
• Combination anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy: new findings that impact the treatment of peripheral arterial disease
• Guidance to determine whether to use single, dual, or even triple therapy for treatment of coronary artery disease
• Best practices for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension with combination pharmacological therapy
• Education to navigate the differing nuances among the five FDA-approved direct oral anticoagulants
• New strategies to incorporate cardiovascular genetics into daily practice.
|Contact No. :||617-384-8600
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physicians - Conference Fee||27 Apr,2019||USD 1595.00|
|Allied Health Professionals - Conference Fee||27 Apr,2019||USD 1495.00|
|Fellows, Residents, and Students Fee||27 Apr,2019||USD 1195.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians - Early Fee||28 Feb,2019||USD 1495.00|
|Allied Health Professionals - Early Fee||28 Feb,2019||USD 1395.00|