Cardiology Update at Puerto Vallarta: A Focus on Prevention is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Jan 07 - 11, 2019 at Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico.
The target audience for this medical event is healthcare professionals in practice or in training who are interested in preventive cardiology. This may include physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, exercise specialists, dieticians, health coaches, and others. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
Course Description :
The purpose of the meeting is to present state-of-the-art knowledge in cardiology with a clinically-based approach. The scope of the program is broad and will cover a wide spectrum of cardiovascular diseases but generally focused on prevention of coronary disease, stroke and sudden death. Expert faculty will present practical clinical approaches to diagnostics and latest management strategies of challenging and controversial topics in cardiology.
Course Objectives are:
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Identify basic and advanced screening strategies to identify CVD risk in clinical practice
• Select evidence-based lifestyle and medication management strategies to manage CVD risk factors
• Recognize indications for and impact of medication and surgical management of obesity
• Cite the critical steps in management of patients with known CVD, including CAD, heart failure, atrial fibrillation, stroke, valvular heart disease, thromboembolic events
• Recognize effective methods to identify and manage CVD risk in younger and older athletes
• Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Time:7:00 am to 12:00 pm
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD, PhD, DO, Pharm D - Early Fee||07 Dec,2018||USD 875.00|
|MD, PhD, DO, Pharm D - Regular Fee||06 Jan,2019||USD 975.00|
|Fellow, Resident, RN, NP, PA - Early Fee||07 Dec,2018||USD 525.00|
|Fellow, Resident, RN, NP, PA - Regular Fee||06 Jan,2019||USD 625.00|