Cannabis Update 2019 by University of Calgary
Cannabis Update is organized by University of Calgary - Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development and will be held on Apr 24, 2019 at Red & White Club, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Who Should Attend:
Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, Other Health Professionals, Residents and Trainees
Mainpro+ Group Learning – 7.0 credits | MOC Section 1 – 7.0 hours
An accreditation application for this program has been submitted to the Canadian Council on Continuing Education. CCCEP Number for Pharmacists: 1180-2018-2635-C-P, CCCEP Number for Pharmacy Technicians: 1180-2018-2636-C-T
This course provides evidence-based information about the pharmacology, methods of ingestion, adverse effects across the lifespan, medical uses of cannabis and effects on driving. Participants will learn about the diagnosis and treatment of medical emergencies involving cannabis and how to screen patients for cannabis use and for cannabis use disorder. Also covered are how to determine whether patients have contraindications for cannabis use and the process for authorizing cannabis for medical purposes in appropriate patients.
At the end of this course, learners will be equipped to:
• summarize basic information about the pharmacology, methods of ingestion and adverse effects of cannabis and its analogues
• discuss the evidence supporting the use of cannabis for medical purposes
• describe the types of cannabis-related medical emergencies and their treatment
• discuss the effects of cannabis on driving
• discuss the effects of cannabis throughout the life span
• counsel patients on cannabis use
• screen patients for cannabis use disorder and identify appropriate treatment
• discuss Alberta Health Services policies around cannabis use in hospital and homecare settings
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(403) 220-7240
(403) 210 - 8804
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|