Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 19, 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 Contact Hours.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Nurse Practitioners
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
• Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
Discover yoga-based interventions that can help regulate the autonomic nervous system and learn how to incorporate these interventions for effective outcomes.
Join Irina Diyankova, Ph.D., RYT-200, for an in-depth training on the principles and practices of trauma-informed yoga, with a special focus on chair yoga practices, yogic breathing exercises, and yoga nidra, the yogic sleep. This workshop also incorporates techniques and theory from trauma studies, somatic psychotherapy and Ayurveda. Throughout the day, you will learn the importance of nervous-system regulation to the process of psychological healing.
Learn first-hand why organizations as diverse as the U.S. Army and the U.S. prison system have embraced yoga as an evidence-based approach to treat post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression.
You will leave the workshop with the background and tools you need to evaluate the benefits of adding trauma-informed yogic interventions to whatever style of therapy you currently practice.
• Evaluate ways that autonomic nervous system dysregulation contributes to PTSD symptoms.
• Ascertain symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder which can be decreased through trauma-sensitive yoga practice.
• Analyze ways that trauma-informed chair yoga postures can be used in the individual or group psychotherapy session.
• Determine the benefits of bringing yogic deep relaxation into the therapy session.
• Identify yogic strategies to help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression in clients.
• Explain the potential for improved clinical outcomes resulting from incorporating yoga and three-part deep breathing practices.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||29 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||18 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group Rate per Person - Conference Fee||18 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news