Brachytherapy for prostate cancer is organized by European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO) and will be held from Jun 13 - 15, 2019 at Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square, Prague, Praha, Czech Republic.
The course is aimed at all those who may be part of a prostate brachytherapy team and for those wishing to set up a prostate brachytherapy unit i.e.: urologists, radiation oncologists, radiation therapists (RTTs) radiologists, physicists and specialist nurses.
• Before commencing this course participants should:
• Revise the general principles of prostate cancer pathology, diagnosis and staging
• Read the published GEC-ESTRO guidelines in LDR and HDR prostate brachytherapy
• Complete the FALCON* exercise which is distributed prior to the course.
This course covers an overview on epidemiology and treatment options for localised prostate cancer and gives an adequate introduction to brachytherapy. Patient selection for both HDR and LDR seed implants will be discussed with treatment indications and contra-indications. A review of the equipment and staffing for a brachytherapy unit is included in the programme for those yet to embark on this area of activity. Practical examples of gland evaluation types of treatment planning, different implant techniques and post implant planning are presented in the context of videos and interactive discussions between participants and the teaching staff. New approaches are discussed including salvage and focal therapy. Comparisons are presented between permanent (seed) and temporary (HDR) brachytherapy implants and between brachytherapy and other treatments available for prostate cancer.
The course aims to:
• Discuss patient selection, indications and contra-indications for brachytherapy.
• Provide an overview of the techniques, equipment and staffing for a prostate brachytherapy unit, including the physics background and regulatory requirements.
• Give an overview of the results, side effects and their management
• Discuss new developments relevant to brachytherapy in imaging, focal therapy and salvage
By the end of this course participants should be able to know the:
• Requirements for a successful brachytherapy programme
• Relevant patient groups for prostate brachytherapy and the literature reporting their outcome.
• Current areas of development in focal and salvage prostate brachytherapy.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+32 2 775 93 40
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non members Regular fee||12 Jun,2019||EUR 850.00|
|In-training members Regular fee||12 Jun,2019||EUR 625.00|
|Members Regular fee||12 Jun,2019||EUR 725.00|