Blended Introduction to Carotid & Peripheral Vascular Duplex/Color Flow Ultrasound Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from May 16 - 17, 2019 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, st petersburg, Florida, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Sonographers, physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals learning how to perform and/or interpret carotid duplex/color examinations. Participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, neurology, general/vascular surgery, and primary care.
Blended Introduction to Carotid & Peripheral Vascular Duplex/Color Flow Ultrasound Course is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts. This course is designed to offer fifteen (15) months unlimited access to (2) Two online courses, plus (2) Two Days (12 Hours) scan lab with a 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on scan ratio at our facility in St. Petersburg, FL. The Blended Introduction to Carotid & Peripheral Vascular Duplex/Color Flow Ultrasound Course is specifically designed for busy physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals taught in accordance with AIUM and IAC guidelines to increase diagnostic skills and scanning proficiency for interpreting carotid and peripheral vascular ultrasound examinations. For the best ultrasound education experience, completion of the online course prior to hands on scanning is recommended.
• Doppler & Color Fundamentals
• Carotid Anatomy & Physiology
• Normal Spectral Analysis
• Carotid Scan Protocol
• Disease Progression & Stenosis Assessment
• Carotid Imaging Pitfalls
• Interactive Case Studies
• Evaluation & Measurement of Intima-Media Thickness
• Carotid Abnormalities
• How to Structure a Report
• Venous Anatomy, Scan Techniques & Normal Characteristics
• Duplex / Color Evaluation of LE, UE DVT
• Evaluation of Venous Insufficiency
• Duplex / Color Evaluation for Venous Ablation Procedures
• Types of Vein Ablation Procedures
• Pre-Procedure Mapping
• Post-Procedure Mapping
• LE Arterial Anatomy & Physiology
• Clinical Exam & Indirect Testing
• Direct Testing & Duplex Scanning
• Live Demo: Arterial Duplex of Lower Arterial Disease
• Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Carotid Duplex/Color Flow • Imaging ultrasound examinations.
• Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
• Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
• Perform routine scan protocols and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
• Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
• List methods for obtaining quantitative information and state the diagnostic relevance of each measurement.
• Characterize plaque morphology and other pathology associated with cerebral vascular disease.
• Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
• Integrate the information to include and prepare a structured report for a carotid ultrasound examination.
• Apply diagnostic criteria for accurate interpretation of carotid duplex/color flow examinations
|Contact No. :||727.363.4500
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||15 Apr,2019||USD 3195.00|
|Regular Fee||01 May,2019||USD 3395.00|
|Late Fee||15 May,2019||USD 3595.00|