Blended Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging and Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from May 16 - 17, 2019 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, st petersburg, Florida, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Sonographers, physicians, physician assistants and other medical professionals learning how to perform and/or interpret carotid duplex and/or transcranial doppler examinations. Participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with internal medicine, cardiology, radiology, neurology, general/vascular surgery, and primary care.
Blended Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging and Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound Training Course is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts and offers fifteen (15) months unlimited access to (2) Two online courses, plus Two (2) Days (12 Hours) scan lab with a 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on scan ratio at our facility in St. Petersburg, FL. The Blended Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging and Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound Course is specifically designed for busy physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals taught in accordance with AIUM and IAC guidelines to increase diagnostic skills and scanning proficiency for interpreting Carotid and TCD Ultrasound Examinations. For the best ultrasound education experience, completion of the online course prior to hands on scanning is recommended.
• Doppler & Color Fundamentals
• Carotid Anatomy & Physiology
• Normal Spectral Analysis
• Carotid Scan Protocol
• Disease Progression & Stenosis Assessment
• Carotid Imaging Pitfalls
• Interactive Case Studies
• Evaluation & Measurement of Intima-Media Thickness
• Carotid Abnormalities
• How to Structure a Report
• Transcranial Doppler History
• TCD Examination Techniques
• Clinical Applications
• Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
• AVM, Cerebrovascular Reactivity, Trauma
• Brain Death, Emboli, Cerebrovascular Disease
• Intracranial Stenosis, Intracranial Occlusion
• Sickle Cell Disease, PFO
• Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging ultrasound examinations.
• Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
• Perform routine scan protocols, and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
• Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and evaluation and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
• Increase participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret TCD/TCI examinations.
• Demonstrate standard scan techniques for performing a TCD and TCI exam.
• Recognize normal and abnormal intracranial Doppler spectral waveform characteristics.
• Apply diagnostic criteria for TCD/TCI interpretation.
• State the clinical applications and limitations of TCD/TCI examinations.
• Increase knowledge and confidence to integrate the skills learned in a clinical setting.
|Contact No. :||727.363.4500
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||15 Apr,2019||USD 3195.00|
|Regular Fee||01 May,2019||USD 3395.00|
|Late Fee||15 May,2019||USD 3595.00|