Basic to Advanced Echocardiography | From the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville is organized by Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Medicine CME (CV CME) and will be held from May 15 - 18, 2019 at The Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America.
This course is intended for adult cardiologists, cardiac sonographers, cardiology fellows, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and those who have basic experience and knowledge of echocardiography. This course is designed to further advance your experience in the clinical application of echocardiography.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 24.25 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
The course will begin with a discussion of echocardiographic assessment of left and right ventricular function, including presentations on diastolic function and strain imaging for assessing myocardial function. We will then discuss a broad range of disease states for which echocardiography is useful, including ischemic heart disease, valvular heart disease, pericardial disease, and cardiomyopathies. The presentations will include basic concepts as well as advanced techniques including 3-D imaging and strain imaging. Throughout the course many cases will be presented.
• Faculty members are clinical sonographers and echocardiologists
• Easy access to faculty members during the entire conference
• Afternoon on pediatric/adult congenital echocardiography
• Lab accreditation (IAC Echocardiography)
• Presentations involving multimodality imaging
Upon the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Apply Doppler principles and hemodynamics to the assessment of valvular heart disease, including systematic assessment of prosthetic valves
• Use 2-D, Doppler, and strain methods to assess myocardial function
• Illustrate the appropriate use of echo-Doppler in myocardial and pericardial disease
• Describe the utility of echocardiography, including 3-D transesophageal echocardiography, for the interventional practice
• Integrate echocardiography into the diagnosis and management of heart failure
• Recognize clinical applications of stress echocardiography
Time: 07:30 to 12:15
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||5072666703
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Registration (MD, PhD, DO, PharmD) Early Fee||17 Apr,2019||USD 760.00|
|Course Registration (MD, PhD, DO, PharmD) Conference Fee||14 May,2019||USD 860.00|
|Course Registration (ASE Physician Membership) Early Fee||17 Apr,2019||USD 685.00|
|Course Registration (ASE Physician Membership) Conference Fee||14 May,2019||USD 785.00|
|Course Registration (Fellow-in-Training, Sonographer, RN, NP, PA) Early Fee||17 Apr,2019||USD 575.00|
|Course Registration (Fellow-in-Training, Sonographer, RN, NP, PA) Conference Fee||14 May,2019||USD 785.00|
|Course Registration (ASE Sonographer Membership) Early Fee||17 Apr,2019||USD 520.00|
|Course Registration (ASE Sonographer Membership) Conference Fee||14 May,2019||USD 620.00|