Basic Electrocardiography (ECG) Course is organized by CentraCare Health and will be held from Aug 22 - 23, 2019 at CentraCare South Point, St Cloud, Minnesota, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 11.5 contact hours.
The classes are intended for nurses and health care professionals who need the theoretical information to support their clinical practice or desire increased knowledge to enhance current clinical practice.
The Basic ECG course provides essential content for nurses practicing in a monitored setting. Material presented is based on the core curriculum published by the American Association of Critical Care nurses (AACN) and includes anatomy, physiology, pathology, and nursing and medical interventions for Basic ECG interpretation.
Participants will successfully pass with 80% grade or better on the written ECG test after attending educational activity.
• Identify NSR (normal sinus rhythm), atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree blocks, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation and ventricular standstill.
• State when electrical intervention versus medication therapy is utilized and why.
• Identify what actions to take when a patient experiences a rhythm change, based on the rhythm.
• Identify the components of the heart’s conduction system.
• Define the terms: depolarization, repolarization, lead, electrode, ectopy, pacemaker, electrocardiogram, capture, sensing.
• State the correlation between the electrical (P, QRS, T) and the mechanical events of the heart.
• State the effects of the autonomic nervous system on the heart.
• State a systematic approach to rhythm analysis.
• State basic understanding of pacemaker/ICD function
|Contact No. :||320-255-5642
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Others Fee||21 Aug,2019||USD 110.00|
|CCH Employees: Class is required for your current position Fee||21 Aug,2019||Free|
|CCH Employees: Class is not required for your current position Fee||21 Aug,2019||USD 70.00|