Basic Echo - 5 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held from May 27 - 31, 2019 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.
ACEM | This course accredited for 39.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for Bedside Echocardiography (including cardiac arrest), Focused Cardiac and Valve Assessments (RACE and FACE protocols) Application of haemodynamic assessment protocols.
ANZCA | Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour
ASAR | Activity accredited for 32.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
ACCRM | Approved for 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine
Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 5 days under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
CICM | Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1;
Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2;
Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
RACGP | Activity Number: 103364, 40 Category 1 points.
This intensive five-day program provides practitioners at the beginning of the learning curve in cardiac imaging with anatomy, physiology, a detailed knowledge of sonographic planes, terminology, measurements and valvular assessment. There is an emphasis on the practical aspects of these topics with “hands-on” tuition, led by expert sonographers. Low student/tutor ratios (4:1) ensure comprehensive practical tuition in a personalised fashion.
Course content assumes an understanding of:
• The basic physics of ultrasound, including the basic principles of Doppler.
• The cardiac cycle and relationship to the ECG
• Normal adult anatomy
• Sonographic appearances and terminology
• 2D/cardiac anatomy
• Measurements, using 2D, M-mode and Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI)
• Wall motion assessment
• Valvular assessment using colour, pulsed wave and continuous wave Doppler
• Normal examination protocol – putting it all together
• Common pathologies
• Case studies will also be discussed
• To provide a detailed description of the sonographic appearances of the heart
• To provide an insight into the haemodynamics and physiology of the heart
• To describe routine measurements associated with M-Mode, 2D and Doppler
• To describe the normal values for heart chamber sizes and wall thickness
• To assess the valves, using qualitative and quantitative analysis and measurements
• To provide an understanding of the physics of Colour and Doppler
• To develop an appreciation of the clinical terminology used in echocardiography
• To provide an overview of common pathologies identified by ultrasound examination
• To provide participants with an opportunity for extensive tutor assisted hands-on echocardiographic experience and access to experienced sonographers for specific problems
|Contact No. :||+61 7 552 66655
04029 123 77
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $4125.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|