Basic Botox Training & Dermal Filler Training is organized by MedAesthetics Training, LLC and will be held on Aug 17, 2019 at Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 9.50 AAFP Prescribed credits.
The Botox® and dermal filler training course is designed as a one-day course for Physicians (MD & DO), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN), Physician Assistants (PA) and Dentists (DDS & DMD). The course includes a didactic and hands-on training session.
Each Botox® and dermal filler training course has a maximum of 8 attendees. This intimate course setting allows the instructor to spend individualized time with each attendee. The instructor is available to answer attendee’s questions and to share years of experience with botulinum toxin and dermal filler products and procedures. Attendees will learn the pearls gained from the instructor’s experience including seeing what works, having off-label expertise, and ensuring client satisfaction.
The Botox® and dermal filler training course begins with an intensive and thorough lecture session where you will:
• Review facial anatomy
• Discuss the history and pharmacology of Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Xeomin® and dermal fillers
• Go over reconstitution techniques for Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport® and Xeomin®
• Understand client selection and preparation
• Learn the indications, contraindications and treatment techniques for each area and/or product
• Examine possible side-effects and after-treatment protocols
After the didactic session, you will gain extensive knowledge and real-life experience with clinical hands-on training. You will perform client consultations, come up with treatment plans and perform injections all under the supervision of the instructor. This includes meeting with the model, going over history and consent forms, conducting a skin analysis while understanding what outcome the model would like. From there, the instructor will assist in determining the appropriate type and amount of product which will be injected by the attendees of the course. Models and products are provided by MedAesthetics during the hands-on training session.
• Discuss the goals of aesthetic procedures including the types of aging and how the skin changes as it ages
• Increase knowledge of facial anatomy in reference to injectable procedures including facial muscles and understanding the layers of the skin
• Information on the history, mechanism of action, and safety of Botulinum Toxin-A
• Discuss the proper preparation and reconstitution techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A
• Examine Botulinum Toxin-A dosage and injection techniques for the glabellar region, frontalis, bunny lines, crows feet area, and brow lift procedures
• Understand the use and role of dermal fillers
• Analyze the hylauronic acid classification methods, common areas of use and depth of injection for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers
• Understand the types and uses of the most common hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in the United States
• Examine dermal filler techniques and injection methods for lip enhancement, lip augmentation, marionette lines, nasolabial folds and midface volumization.
• Discuss types of anesthesia
• Understand common complications that may occur with Botulinum Toxin-A and/or dermal filler injections and how to manage these complications with proper safety protocols
• Evaluate correct patient selection criteria, the importance of medical history review and elements of a successful aesthetic patient consultation
• Lean how to explain pre-care, post care, risks and side-effects and from there create a comprehensive treatment plan
• Establish and exhibit successful skills in performing live model consultations
• Demonstrate correct injection methods and techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A and dermal fillers