Avoiding harm from over-prescribing: how to reduce waste and dependence on prescription drugs is organized by Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and will be held on Nov 11, 2019 at Royal College of Physicians, London, England, United Kingdom.
Who should attend:
General physicians and trainees across all specialties.
There are many guidelines on starting patients on medication, but hardly any on how and when to stop prescribed drugs. Suitable for physicians of all specialties, GPs and pharmacists, this 1-day conference will look at guidelines and appropriate strategies for how to prevent over-prescribing.
• Appreciate the difference between appropriate and inappropriate polypharmacy
• Understand and prepare for the challenges that patients and healthcare practitioners face in stopping medications
• Evaluate strategies for avoiding the introduction of harmful or inappropriate drugs such as antibiotics and sulfonylureas
What you will learn:
• The scope of the problem surrounding over-prescribing inlcuding the costs to the NHS and the main types of drugs involved.
• Why prescribe the drug in the first place? The problem with guidelines.
• Tools in deprescribing: how to help clinicians in practice.
• Tackling analgesic, sedative and psychoactive drug dependence.
• Over-use of corticosteroids.
• Tackling over-prescribing and inappropiate use of other drugs.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||+44 (0)20 3075 2389
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Foundation doctor non-member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 245.00|
|Physician associate non-member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 245.00|
|Trainee doctor non-member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 245.00|
|Medical student non-member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 89.00|
|RCP foundation doctor member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 150.00|
|RCP retired member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 69.00|
|RCP trainee doctor member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 150.00|
|RCP subcribing member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 180.00|
|RCP medical student member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 59.00|
|Standard fee and non-subscribing member Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 245.00|
|RCP Fellow Early Fee||30 Sep,2019||GBP 180.00|