AOTrauma Course - Intraoperative Imaging is organized by AOTrauma and will be held on Apr 04, 2019 at Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland.
The Goal of the seminar
This course aims to increase the ability of surgeons to assess the outcome of fixation procedures for common fractures using both 2-D and 3-D intraoperative imaging and identify and avoid complications.
• Surgeons at the threshold of becoming independent surgeons and taking over decision-making responsibility for the treatment of complex injuries (Advanced Principles level in AOTrauma's education).
• Surgeons in early years of post-residency practice who have an interest in improving their imaging quality
This highly interactive hands-on course is based on four common fractures where specific intraoperative imaging knowledge and skills are applied. In addition, general concepts such as appropriate indications, selection of 2-D or 3-D modalities, and radiation protection will be addressed. In each case scenario-based exercise, live intraoperative imaging is used to analyze injury patterns and assess fixation in anatomical specimens. Participants will work in groups with each person taking turns to lead the imaging tasks set in the simulated practical exercises.
• Select 2-D and 3-D intraoperative imaging modalities based on indications for proximal humeral, distal radial, proximal femoral, and ankle fracture fixation
• Set up the operating room and equipment for fixation of the fractures listed above
• Perform intraoperative 2-D imaging and meet imaging quality criteria for each anatomical area
• Assess fracture reduction and implant positioning for these fractures
• Describe the indications for intraoperative 3-D imaging and review the benefits and limitations
|Contact No. :||+41814142722
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Registration Fee||04 Apr,2019||CHF 250.00|