Anesthesia Update is organized by Northwest Anesthesia Seminars (NWAS) and will be held on Jun 10 - 14, 2019 at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, Yosemite National Park, California, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians, certified registered nurse anesthetists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and other medical care providers who must maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the specialty or are impacted by it.
The A. Webb Roberts Center for Continuing Medical Education of Baylor Scott & White Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Presentations are designed to facilitate the physician, nurse specialist, and other providers maintaining skills of the same kind to review and update knowledge and abilities in one or more of these areas vital to the practicing professional:
• Possess the scientific background for clinical practice
Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of not only the specialty, but also of all additional related disciplines which may impact it
• Maintain an up-to-the-minute armamentarium of knowledge and skills for the selection and use of complex equipment, pharmacological agents, and procedures necessary for the provision of quality patient care
• Manage self and colleagues to function toward common goals in the clinical setting, the clinical and educational institutions, and the community in which the practice resides
• Serve as an expert in matters involving health care delivery; serve as an informed manager of clinical and educational services provided, including the acquisition and distribution of resources necessary in meeting professional goals
• Provide assistance with and support of other service providers, departments, institutions, and organizations dependent upon the professional expertise of the practitioner
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Apply the pertinent physical and behavioral sciences - to include but not be limited to advanced anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, chemistry, physics, psychology, and social sciences - as they impact and are affected by the planning, delivery, and monitoring of anesthesia and related services inherent in the anesthesia professions.
• Explain the selection, dosing considerations with methods of administration, safe use, and contraindications and precautions of presented pharmacological agents through the understanding of their physico-chemical properties, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, updated uses, and more recently developed additional, related, and similar drugs.
• Outline comprehensive management plans for the group of patients discussed, whether related in age, physical status, cultural background, invasive procedure, anesthetic or analgesic requirements, clinical setting, adverse reactions, and/or goals of care.
• Apply the principles of safety and asepsis in the performance of anesthetic procedures and administrations, equipment use, and other applications encountered during the provision of anesthesia and analgesia whether in the surgical unit, the labor and delivery suite, the pain management clinic, or other more remote location of anesthetizing services.
• Incorporate the appropriate recommendations and/or requirements of pertinent external organizations, institutions, and professional groups - recognized as serving as the authority for and/or holding the responsibility to compile and approve such tenets - in the provision of anesthesia and related services, whether medical, legal, philosophical, ethical, or health care management standards.
• Apply the new techniques in the clinical setting of the participant.
|Contact No. :||(800) 222-6927
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|MD/DO Regular Payment Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 1000.00|
|MD/DO Daily: 1st Day Attending Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 255.00|
|MD/DO Additional Day(s) Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 255.00|
|CRNA/PA/ARNP Regular Payment Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 950.00|
|CRNA/PA/ARNP Daily: 1st Day Attending Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 243.00|
|CRNA/PA/ARNP Additional Day(s) Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 243.00|
|Resident/RN/Others Regular Payment Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 850.00|
|Resident/RN/Others Daily: 1st Day Attending Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 218.00|
|Resident/RN/Others Additional Day(s) Fee||09 Jun,2019||USD 218.00|