American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) Mastery Course II is organized by American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) and will be held during Feb 08 - 10, 2019 at The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 20 CE Hours.
Course Descriptions :
As part of the comprehensive Mastery Program, Mastery II builds on the knowledge and clinical proficiency gained in Mastery I with continued emphasis on skill development. Students will participate in oral appliance selection and create a prescription for a laboratory to fabricate an oral appliance. Clinical competence and confidence with delivery and titration will be addressed with further development in Mastery III. Lectures will develop a more in-depth understanding of normal sleep and the consequences of poor quality sleep, including phase delay circadian rhythms in adolescents. Exploring alternative treatments such as surgery and CPAP will lay a foundation for guiding patient decision making and anticipating combining therapies for best outcomes.
Course Objectives :
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Describe co-morbidities of SDBs such as cardiovascular, metabolic and neurocognitive concerns.
• Identify critical data of sleep studies including sleep architecture, respiratory parameters, and influence on oral appliance success expectations.
• Incorporate appropriate oral appliance delivery processes such as fitting for comfort, evaluation of midline, documentation and correspondence.
• Prepare patients for oral appliance use and titration, monitoring signs, symptoms and side effects.
• Anticipate and prepare to manage side effects that could compromise treatment objectives.
• Develop further understanding of the medical practice model and medical insurance coding and billing requirements.
Note: Successful completion of Mastery I including all pre-session assignments.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(630) 686-9875
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Mastery II only Non-Member - Early Fee||11 Jan,2019||USD 2800.00|
|Mastery II only Non-Member - Regular Fee||07 Feb,2019||USD 3100.00|
|Mastery II only AADSM Member - Early Fee||11 Jan,2019||USD 2500.00|
|Mastery II only AADSM Member - Regular Fee||07 Feb,2019||USD 2800.00|
|Mastery II only AADSM Active-duty Military Member - Early Fee||11 Jan,2019||USD 625.00|
|Mastery II only AADSM Active-duty Military Member - Regular Fee||07 Feb,2019||USD 700.00|