Advances in Proton Therapy Practices
Advances in Proton Therapy Practices is organized by UCSD and California Protons Cancer Therapy Center and will be held on Jun 04, 2019 at California Protons Cancer Therapy Center, San Diego, California, United States of America.
This activity is intended for physicians, physician assistants and fellows in radiation oncology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, pediatric oncology, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists and oncology nurses.
UC San Diego Radiation Oncologists and Physicists will discuss best practice proton therapy approaches for specific disease sites based on the current state of the science. The format allows physicians, physician assistants, fellows, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists and oncology nurses to expand their clinical knowledge base of the use of proton therapy for re-treatment cases and specific disease sites. We will also discuss the technical advances within the field of proton therapy and the future directions for treatments.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants should be able to:
• Describe the basic rationale of proton therapy
• Identify the clinical indications and benefits of proton pencil beam scanning
• Identify which patients are eligible for proton therapy
• Discuss the efficacy of proton therapy for re-treatments
• Summarize clinical trials focusing on head and neck, CNS, re-irradiations and breast cancer cases
• Outline the utilization of physics and dosimetry for proton beam treatment planning
• Recognize future technical directions proton therapy will take, such as treating moving targets
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+ 8182974602
May 30, 2019
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|