Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS) Fall Course 2019 is organized by Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS) and will be held from Oct 04 - 06, 2019 at North Tahoe Event Center, Lake Tahoe, California, United States of America.
Continuing Education Credits:
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity is accredited through the Wilderness Medical Society.
American College of Emergency Physicians: Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 20.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians: Approved by the American Academy of Family Physicians for a maximum of 20.5 hours of AAFP Category 1 credit.
“Learn the skills to prevent medical problems; reduce suffering and save lives in non-traditional medical
• Earn your Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification
• Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medicine skills for patient assessment,
treatment and evacuation protocols
• Practice your skills in live scenarios with our expert instructors
• Receive Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship credit
• To provide a practical foundation in Wilderness Medicine for medical professionals
• To teach patient assessment and treatment guidelines for life support until definitive care or evacuation
• To train the provider in methods for managing medical and trauma emergencies and urgencies in the
wilderness when evacuation is unavailable or unnecessary
• Patient assessment
• Wound management
• Water treatment
• Medical problems
• Hyperthermia, hypothermia & frostbite
• Infectious disease
• Medical kits
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||970.444.4001
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral - Physicians Fee||03 Oct,2019||USD 695.00|
|Non-doctoral - Nurse/PA/EMT/Paramedic Fee||03 Oct,2019||USD 495.00|
|Non-doctoral - Resident or Student||03 Oct,2019||USD 495.00|