Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS) Fall Course 2019 is organized by Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS) and will be held from Oct 11 - 13, 2019 at Big Sur Station, Big Sur, California, United States of America.
Continuing Education Credits:
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity is accredited through the Wilderness Medical Society.
American College of Emergency Physicians: Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 20.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians: Approved by the American Academy of Family Physicians for a maximum of 20.5 hours of AAFP Category 1 credit.
“Learn the skills to prevent medical problems; reduce suffering and save lives in non-traditional medical settings
• Earn your Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification
• Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medicine skills for patient assessment, treatment and evacuation protocols
• Practice your skills in live scenarios with our expert instructors
• Obtain up to 20.5 hours of category 1 CME*
• Receive Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship credits
• To provide a practical foundation in Wilderness Medicine for medical professionals
• To teach patient assessment and treatment guidelines for life support until definitive care or evacuation is available
• To train the provider in methods for managing medical and trauma emergencies and urgencies in the wilderness when evacuation is unavailable or unnecessary
• Patient assessment
• Wound management
• Water treatment
• Medical problems
• Hyperthermia, hypothermia & frostbite
• Infectious disease
• Medical kits
• Head, Ear, Eye, Nose, Throat, Skin
• Animal & insect Bites
• Musculoskeletal injuries
• Dive Medicine
|Contact No. :||970.444.4001
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral Fee||10 Oct,2019||USD 695.00|
|Non-Doctoral Fee||10 Oct,2019||USD 495.00|
|Resident/Student Fee||10 Oct,2019||USD 495.00|