Adult Behavioral Health in Primary Care
Adult Behavioral Health in Primary Care is organized by The REACH Institute and will be held from Sep 27 - 29, 2019 at Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America.
The creators of the successful Patient-Centered Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care (PPP) program have transformed the curriculum and are excited to present the new Adult Behavioral Health program.
This innovative program increases clinicians' comfort with assessing, diagnosing, and treating adult mental health concerns. Participants can earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by completing the course components:
• A dynamic three-day, 17-hour interactive course focused on building skills and confidence in diagnosing and treating adult behavioral health problems.
• A six-month, case-based distance-learning program. Learners join 12 bi-monthly, 1- hour group conference calls led by a REACH family physician-psychiatrist faculty team to learn how to manage adult mental health issues encountered in daily practice.
All participants will receive custom-designed toolkits with guides, assessment instruments, dosing and side effect charts, medication comparison tables, and handouts for patients and parents.
In order to effectively use medications for adult behavioral health problems, participants learn to:
1. Correctly identify and differentiate among behavioral health problems such as anxiety and somatic symptoms, depression, chronic pain, substance abuse, adult ADHD, psychosis and bipolar disorder.
2. Effectively manage psychopharmacology: selecting medications, initiating and tapering dosages, monitoring improvements, and identifying and minimizing medication side effects.
3. Create and implement a treatment plan by mobilizing existing resources.
CME Accreditation - AAFP & UAMS
This live activity, Adult Behavioral Health in Primary Care, from 09/27/2019 - 03/01/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 16.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and The REACH Institute. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Participants earn 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for each conference call for a maximum of 12.
Feel free to direct any questions regarding the course to: email@example.com or Kristen Gardner at (646) 710 7786.
|Contact No. :||+ 6308648777
(646) 710 7786
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Registration Fee||27 Aug,2019||USD 2200.00|