Acupuncture Foundation Course
Acupuncture Foundation Course is organized by National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE) and will be held from Sep 26 - 28 & Nov 21 - 23, 2019 at London Road Community Hospital, Derby, England, United Kingdom. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 39 CPD hours.
The course is designed to introduce acupuncture as a modality for the treatment of common musculoskeletal conditions, both acute and chronic. The course provides a Western medical approach to acupuncture, and is underpinned with current research evidence. This course does not cover the traditional Chinese medical approach to acupuncture, though the principles and philosophies underlying Traditional Chinese Medicine will be introduced. The course will include all the key areas necessary to enable the physiotherapist to practice acupuncture including review of safe practice, treatment planning for optimum effect, review of relevant anatomy, application of relevant pain physiology, critique and application of acupuncture evidence and the development of safe and effective needling skills. The course will introduce the current scientific theories underpinning acupuncture and the parameters of treatment.
On completion of the course the delegate should be able to:
• Demonstrate safe and effective needling techniques
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the precautions, contra-indications and side effects of acupuncture
• Discuss and evaluate the current theories and scientific evidence which underpins acupuncture and dry needling/trigger point needling
• Critically evaluate and challenge the research underpinning the effectiveness of acupuncture and dry needling
• Discuss the meridian pathways, demonstrate the location of points along the pathways and the importance of local anatomical considerations
• Formulate and critically evaluate treatment plans for a range of musculoskeletal conditions
• Know when the integration of acupuncture with or without other physiotherapeutic techniques is appropriate and be able to convey this information to other health professionals and patients clearly and concisely
• Demonstrate an understanding of the professional issues which pertain to acupuncture and individual scope of practice
|Contact No. :||(01332) 254679
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non-members - Registration Fee||24 Sep,2019||GBP 640.00|
|AACP members - Registration Fee||24 Sep,2019||GBP 512.00|