A Complete Guide to Ethical & Legal Technology Challenges for Mental Health Professionals is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 06, 2019 at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
The challenges you face are clear … If you are going to be successful in your practice, you need to adapt to your clients’ growing expectations of your technological competence. The problem is, technology is the most likely way you’ll get caught up in a legal and ethical nightmare!
Technology is changing fast. How can you keep up while protecting your professional liability and personal reputation?
Join technology wellness expert Dr. Melissa Westendorf for this essential and must-see seminar. As a psychologist, attorney and technology wellness expert, Dr. Westendorf is uniquely suited to handle the toughest questions about the legal and ethical challenges in technology today!
At this seminar, you’ll learn:
• Strategies to effectively use social media while navigating the numerous ethical challenges it poses
• How to avoid the serious legal landmines that are associated with email and text
• Best practices for your website and online advertising to attract customers and stay ethical
• How to have an effective distance therapy practice that is legally and ethically compliant
• Top legal mistakes to avoid with electronic record keeping
• Establish how to maintain ethical standards and compliance while utilizing social media technology.
• Consider the legal and ethical challenges posed by communicating via email and text for mental health professionals.
• Specify the threats that technology poses to the confidentiality and privacy of clients.
• Explain the legal aspects of HIPAA and how to safeguard against violations of laws.
• Discuss the ethical and legal issues that are unique to distance therapy and how to stay compliant
• Explore the ethical boundary challenges that arise when using technology.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Conference fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 249.00|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 219.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||16 Nov,2019||USD 219.00|