5th HIV Microbiome Workshop 2019 is organized by Virology Education B.V. (VE) and will be held from Oct 16 - 17, 2019 at National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America.
Clinicians and researchers with interest in Microbiome in general and Pathogenesis in relation with HIV.
The understanding of the human microbiome continues to grow rapidly; however information on the role of the microbiome on HIV infection pathogenesis, prevention, and treatment is still limited. Whereas research in this area may be presented at major conferences, there are often limited sessions devoted to this topic as well as limited time for in-depth discussion and debate among cross-disciplinary experts on new data and their implications. The aim of this workshop is to provide increased opportunities for discussion and exchange of knowledge following formal presentation of the latest research.
The multidisciplinary nature and the significance in furthering our ability to develop novel prevention and therapeutic strategies for HIV will lead to the reduction of new HIV infections and the burden of non-communicable diseases in HIV infected subjects. We also will be able to learn how the host microbiome can influence responses to our current HIV therapies.
This 2 day event will have invited lectures by key opinion leaders, oral abstract presentations and poster presentations. Ample time will be allocated for discussion in an intimate workshop setting. The conference will be unique in its approach, as it will engage basic scientists and clinicians from the HIV field and leading scientists involved in microbiome research including bioinformatics experts.
• To gather cross disciplinary professionals in the field of Microbiome research to provide a better understanding of the impact of microbiome changes on HIV outcomes
• To develop a better understanding of how the microbiome effects the pathogenesis of HIV across mucosal sites
• To enhance our knowledge of how the microbiome can impact vaccine responses
• To better understand how the microbiome can contribute to the development of non-communicable diseases
• To use our knowledge of the microbiome field in developing novel strategies for developing microbicides for HIV prevention
• To bring together scientists from across the globe to enhance our understanding of how we can use approaches to modulate the microbiome to reduce levels of inflammation
• To bring together bioinformatics experts in enhancing our ability to analyze complex data generated by sequencing the host microbiome
The attendance to the workshop is free of charge.
Registration deadlines: 15 September for non-US citizens; 7 October for US citizens.
|Contact No. :||+31 30 2307140|
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||Sep 02, 2019|
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
5601 Fishers Ln
Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
Hilton Washington D.C./Rockville Hotel and Executive Meeting Center,
1750 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852,
Rockville, Maryland, United States of America ,
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news