4th Annual SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Apr 25 - 27, 2019 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is non-dermatologists and primary care providers, including general practitioners, internists, physicians, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, APRNs and registered nurses. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist is the 4th Mayo Clinic course taught by expert dermatologists from the three Mayo Clinic national practices in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona with the goal of teaching practical dermatology to the non-dermatologist. The course will consist of interactive lectures covering multiple aspects of dermatology including management of moles, skin infections, cancers, rashes, lumps and bumps, and simple dermatologic procedures. The information presented will be relevant to a broad range of non-dermatologists and primary care providers. It will allow these practitioners to feel comfortable caring for patients with skin conditions.
• 5.50 hours of designated of pharmacology content
• Clinical to Dermoscopic: Evaluation of Melanocytic Lesions
• Clinical to Dermoscopic: Evaluation of Nonmelanocytic Lesions
• Getting to Brass Tacks on Nails
• What Do You Mean "Dermatitis"?
• The Itchy Patient
• Acne Tips and Pearls
• Fungus Among Us
• Rashes You Get on Vacation
• Common Rashes in Children
• Papulosquamous Disorders: When It's Not Dermatitis
• Is This a Drug Rash?
• Biopsies and Other Office Procedures
• Evaluate a variety of skin lesions, differentiating common and benign lesions from those which require more aggressive management.
• Recognize the need for appropriate sample technique and the role of pathology in directing management.
• Recognize and differentiate common rashes from those which can be life threatening, and determine when referral is indicated.
• Recognize and appropriately treat common dermatoses.
• Integrate the rationale and use of various topical and systemic therapies including corticosteroids, anti-fungals and antibiotics.
• Integrate skin cancer management skills into clinical practice.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|MD, DO, Scientist Full Fee||24 Apr,2019||USD 625.00|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA Reduced Fee||24 Apr,2019||USD 550.00|
|Allied Health Professional, Retiree Reduced Fee||24 Apr,2019||USD 550.00|