Intensive 4 - day Spanish Medical and Cultural Workshop is organized by Rios Associates and will be held from Mar 08 - 11, 2019 at Hotel Seven Crown Centro, La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
• This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for 45 prescribed hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
• This program is also approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 43 hours of Category 1 CMEs.
• This Program has been approved for 45 contact hours of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
This 4-day intensive, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish CME Workshop consists of over 45 hours of medical dialogues, role-plays, many colorful visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, "edutainment", daily practice, plus evening study with a Text workbook and USB Flash drive including all 15 corresponding lessons (Flash Drive available for $35). This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
To register for this intensive 4-day class, please visit our Registration or our Schedule for class dates and locations. Classes are limited in size to be able to give personal attention to each participant's needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
• Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
• Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 1,500 to 2,000 general and medical terms.
• Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
• Obtain a degree of Cultural Competency concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
• Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
Intermediate/Advanced students will be able to do all of this with more facility and fluency utilizing more idiomatic expressions, complex tenses (conditional, present & past progressive, present & past perfect tenses), as well as the subjunctive mood and its various tenses.
• Once registered in a La Paz, México class, you are welcome to repeat any of our 4-Day seminars (at the same level) as often as you would like in AZ, CA, or NV over a 1 year period of time for only $399 per refresher course.
• Once registered in any La Paz, México class, you are welcome to repeat any of our 4 day La Paz, México seminars for only $699 (physicians) or $599 (Residents, NPs, PAs, RNs, etc. per refresher course within a 1 year period.$ 499 for students.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(520) 907-3318
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|4-day Course Fee||07 Mar,2019||USD 799.00|
|Residents, P.A.s and R.N.s Fee||07 Mar,2019||USD 699.00|
|Students Fee||07 Mar,2019||USD 599.00|