4-day Intensive Conversational Medical Spanish & Cultural Competency Workshop is organized by Rios Associates and will be held from Dec 13 - 16, 2019 at Circus Circus Hotel & Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• This program is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 43 hours of Category 1 CMEs.
• This program has also been reviewed and is acceptable for 45 prescribed hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
• This Program has been approved for 45 contact hours of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
This 4-day intensive, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish Workshop consists of over 45 hours of medical dialogues, role-plays, many colorful visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, "edutainment", daily practice, plus evening study with a Text workbook and USB Flash drive including all 15 corresponding lessons (Flash Drive available for $35). This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
• Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
• Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 1,500 to 2,000 general and medical terms.
• Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
• Obtain some degree of Cultural Competency concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
• Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
Intermediate/Advanced students will be able to do all of this with more facility and fluency utilizing more idiomatic expressions, complex tenses (conditional, present & past progressive, present & past perfect tenses), as well as the subjunctive mood and its various tenses.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|4-day Course Fee||12 Dec,2019||USD 799.00|
|Residents, P.A.s, NPs and R.N.s Fee||12 Dec,2019||USD 699.00|
|Students Fee||12 Dec,2019||USD 599.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news