3 Day Intensive: DBT Made Simple is organized by Jack Hirose & Associates Inc and will be held from Jul 08 - 10, 2019 at Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel & Conference Centre, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
Who Should Attend
Clinical Professionals: All mental health professionals including, but not limited to Clinical Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Hospice and Palliative Care Workers, Youth Workers, Mental Health Workers, Addiction Specialists, Marital & Family Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants and all professionals looking to enhance their therapeutic skills.
In this intensive 3-day workshop, DBT will be de-mystified and you will learn how to use this highly effective therapy to better treat your clients with problems managing emotions. Sheri’s unique workshops emphasize the flexibility of DBT and the benefits of using this therapy to treat disorders other than borderline personality disorder, including bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and concurrent substance use; as well as other difficulties clients experience such as problems with self-esteem, anger, and grief.
Through lecture, experiential exercises, and case consultation you will explore the four modules of DBT: Core Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance and Interpersonal Effectiveness. Explore tools and strategies to improve the therapeutic relationship and reduce feelings of ineffectiveness and burn-out. Viewing video-tapes of Sheri’s real-life sessions will provide you with a better understanding of the flow of individual sessions as well as how to balance accepting clients where they are with pushing them to make positive changes.
Bringing her years of clinical experience in both private practice and as part of a community hospital; and working with both individuals and DBT-informed groups, Sheri’s practical, inspiring, and highly praised workshop will give you evidence-based skills that can be immediately put into practice.
• Learn more about the origins of DBT in order to more fully understand it, including a brief look at DBT versus CBT; the traditional DBT model; and research showing that adaptations of DBT can be very effective.
• Describe the biosocial theory and how this applies to BPD and other disorders of emotion dysregulation.
• Discuss behavior theory and the importance of these concepts to building stronger relationships with clients, and to assist clients in making behavioural changes.
• Demonstrate a variety of mindfulness techniques to make mindfulness more understandable and acceptable to clients.
• Explain the basics of dialectics and some dialectical strategies for the individual session to help get clients unstuck and to build the therapeutic alliance.
• Practice the Behavioral Analysis
• Reduce therapist burn-out through observing limits and use of skills such as nonjudgmental stance and radical acceptance
• Develop a basic understanding of neuroplasticity and how mindfulness relates to this, as well as how you can translate this into skills and use these ideas to help increase client motivation.
• Explain skills in the Emotion Regulation module to give clinicians a basic understanding of how to teach these skills to clients to regulate emotions more effectively.
• Demonstrate the distress tolerance skills that will help clients survive crisis situations and learn how to not act on urges.
• Discuss Interpersonal Effectiveness skills: the importance of increasing and maintaining positive relationships and improving communication.
• Discuss how these skills can be helpful in treating a wide array of psychiatric conditions and problems, including major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and problems with anger and self-esteem.
|Contact No. :||604.924.0296
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Individual Enrollment - Regular Fee||07 Jul,2019||CAD 639.00|
|Group 3-7 - Regular Fee||07 Jul,2019||CAD 619.00|
|Group 8-14 - Regular Fee||07 Jul,2019||CAD 599.00|
|Group 15+ - Regular Fee||07 Jul,2019||CAD 579.00|
|Full-Time Student - Regular Fee||07 Jul,2019||CAD 579.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Individual Enrollment - Early Fee||17 Jun,2019||CAD 619.00|
|Group 3-7 - Early Fee||17 Jun,2019||CAD 599.00|
|Group 8-14 - Early Fee||17 Jun,2019||CAD 579.00|
|Group 15+ - Early Fee||17 Jun,2019||CAD 559.00|
|Full-Time Student - Early Fee||17 Jun,2019||CAD 559.00|