29th Annual Baltimore Limb Deformity Course is organized by The Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics (RIAO) and will be held from Aug 21 - 25, 2019 at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America.
Basic and advanced limb reconstruction concepts:
• Limb alignment
• Limb lengthening
• Corrective osteotomies
• Internal and external fixation
The target audience for this medical event is intended for orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, and allied health professionals who treat lower extremity deformities. No prior experience required.
This course has been the standard in teaching lower extremity alignment for the past quarter century. It is intended for orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, and allied health professionals who treat long bone deformities. No prior experience is required.
The course features lectures, deformity planning sessions, hands-on labs, innovative apps, interactive participant case presentation, and an internationally renowned faculty. We will introduce basic and advance limb reconstruction concepts including limb alignment, limb lengthening, corrective osteotomies, and internal and external fixations.
• Hands-on labs.
• Break-out sessions for orthopedists and foot/ankle specialists
• Dedicated time will be spent using Bone Ninja, and iPad app teaching tool developed by Dr. Shawn Standard and Dr. John Herzenberg at the International Center for Limb Lengthening, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. This app is designed to help surgeons learn to analyze long bone deformities.*
• Newest Version of the Multiplier App for the prediction of values at maturity: upper and lower limb length discrepancy, bone length, lower extremity length, height (for those with and without achondroplasia), etc.
• Interactive adult, pediatric, and foot case presentation sessions led by attendees: bring you case presentations in PowerPoint or Keynote format on USB/flash drive-no personal laptops, please.
* Note: Please the Bone Ninja app works only on iPad devices. If you do not own an iPad, you will be able to rent one for a fee (advanced registration required; supplies are limited)
Attendees of the 2018 Course came from 44 countries and 31 states in the USA.
Our goals are to introduce basic and advanced concepts in limb alignment, corrective osteotomies, and internal and external fixation for limb reconstruction, including lengthening and realignment.
Topics to be covered include:
• Single-level and double-level tibial and femoral deformities
• Sagittal and oblique plane deformities
• Rotational deformities
• Foot and ankle deformities
• Monolateral/circular external fixation
• Gait implications for angular and rotational deformities
• Measurement of deformity on plain film and digital radiographs
• Surgical techniques for lower extremity osteotomies, soft tissue releases, and flap coverage
• Consequences of joint malorientation and malalignment
• Fixator-assisted plating and nailing
• Limb lengthening techniques
Following completion of this three-day event, participants will be able to:
• Describe simple and complex pediatric and adult lower limb deformities
• Interpret advances in the field of limb reconstruction and deformity correction
• Complete osteotomy techniques effectively
• Recognize the methodology of minimally invasive internal and external fixation
• Identify and evaluate alternatives for the treatment of deformities from hip, knee, ankle, and foot contractures
• Use electronic media technology to analyze deformity correction
• Acquire greater insight through the sharing of techniques, tips, and tricks with others in the orthopedic community
Pre-Course: Cadaver Lab: To the Tibia and Below!: Aug 21, 2019
Pre-Course: Cadaver Lab: Complex Pediatric Hip/Pelvis Surgery: Aug 21, 2019
Pre-Course: Ponseti @ 20: Aug 21, 2019
Post-Course: Six-Axis Deformity Correction: Boot Camp: Aug 25, 2019
|Contact No. :||410-601-9798
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Baltimore Limb Deformity Course: U.S. Physician/Podiatrist Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 1695.00|
|Baltimore Limb Deformity Course: Non-U.S. Physician||20 Aug,2019||USD 1425.00|
|Baltimore Limb Deformity Course: Resident/Fellow/Allied Health||20 Aug,2019||USD 1275.00|
|Pre-Course - Cadaver Lab: To the Tibia and Below! Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 995.00|
|Pre-Course - Cadaver Lab: Complex Pediatric Hip/Pelvis Surgery Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 1250.00|
|Pre-Course - Ponseti @ 20: Physician/Podiatrist||20 Aug,2019||USD 695.00|
|Pre-Course - Ponseti @ 20: Resident/Fellow/Allied Health Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 475.00|
|Post-Course: Physician/Podiatrist Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 525.00|
|Post-Course: Resident/Fellow/Allied Health Fee||20 Aug,2019||USD 425.00|