Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Tapping: Evidence-Based, Mind-Body Treatment Approach to the Anxiety Spectrum Disorders and Pain is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jun 04, 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, Portland, Oregon, United States of America.
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Case Managers
• Other Mental Health Professionals
The anxiety spectrum exemplifies the disorders where emotions override thought. Fragmented memories get stored in the body. The Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) collapse this uncomfortable emotional and physical reactivity; therefore, freeing a path for spontaneous insights and clearer thinking.
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a comprehensive mind-body treatment that rapidly desensitizes three areas: unwanted thoughts, emotions and physical reactions. EFT combines physical interventions derived from restorative (self-applied) acupressure theory with cognitive interventions.
EFT is an evidence-based practice with over 100 published studies. One published study demonstrated a 24% decrease in cortisol (stress hormone) level in the EFT group. (Energypsych.org) EFT is effective brief therapy and belongs in every therapist’s toolbox.
Transform your clinical excellence; bring EFT into your practice and treat resistant problems that other methods failed.
This seminar focuses on cutting-edge techniques of EFT to treat the anxiety spectrum disorders, including:
• Generalized Anxiety
• Social Anxiety Disorder diagnoses
• Acute Traumatic Stress Reactions
These mind-body methods are emerging into mainstream mental health, trauma treatment, coaching, employee assistance programs and sport psychology arenas as a rapid, effective, non-invasive, calming, desensitizing tool. Do not miss this opportunity to learn evidence-based techniques you can use immediately with your clients and improve treatment outcomes.
• Explain the origin and efficacy of the Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) including peer-reviewed, published research.
• Implement self-applied, light touch or tapping on acupoints to calm and rebalance the body system while thinking about disturbing upsets – to create a desensitize state as measured by continuous dropping of the SUDS level.
• Distinguish that EFT is a mind-body treatment that desensitizes unwanted thoughts, emotions and physical discomfort.
• List exploratory questions to elicit the first or worst defining event and how to treat in all manifestation in the past, present and future.
• Demonstrate EFT techniques for stress, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder and panic and traumatic events.
• Describe how EFT can greatly diminish frustrating OCD compulsions and unwanted habits.
• Utilize a two-prong approach to treating social anxiety: EFT and social skill building.
• Describe why EFT works in conjunction with and beyond talk therapy and how it often cuts quickly through resistant problems.
• Explore working with pain reduction using acupoints and psychological constructs of metaphors and emotions.
• State the ethical concerns of not working outside knowledge base and obtaining ongoing “permission” to use these methods.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||15 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||03 Jun,2019||USD 229.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||03 Jun,2019||USD 199.99|