21st Annual Internal Medicine Review for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants & Primary Care Physicians
21st Annual Internal Medicine Review for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants & Primary Care Physicians is organized by Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Medicine CME (CV CME) and will be held from Sep 11 - 13, 2019 at Mayo Civic Center, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
This conference emphasizes clinical care issues confronting busy clinicians including current pharmacology content. The program is designed for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and primary care physicians. Breakout and interactive workshop sessions enable the learner to customize their educational experience.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This annual interdisciplinary course offers participants an overview of current topics in internal medicine including interactive case studies. Interdisciplinary speakers present diverse clinical topics chosen for applicability to NP/PA and primary care physician practice settings. As complex patients transition care to the outpatient arena, current guideline-based medicine typically initiated in the hospital setting continues to be important as patients transition out of the acute care setting (myocardial infarction and cardiac rehabilitation, pneumonia treatment and follow up, hypertension management, heart failure, diabetes, renal insufficiency, GI conditions, stable ischemic heart disease, etc.). The course also offers unique and innovative content including small group workshops on suturing, biopsies, joint injections, and exam skills.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Identify diagnostic and clinical decision-making skills consistent with evidence-based guidelines.
• Identify current, clinically oriented, evidence-based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, endocrinology, pediatrics, internal medicine, surgery, behavioral medicine, preventive medicine, women's health, gastroenterology, and vascular medicine.
• Describe indications for diagnosis, management, and patient referral for clinical scenarios encountered in current practices.
• Identify current pharmaceutical considerations and indications, including new drugs, commonly prescribed for primary care conditions.
• Verbalize key components of the cardiac and abdominal exam.
Optional Hands-on Workshops:
Attendees have the option to register for one or all of the hands-on workshops that include: joint injections, biopsy, or wound care.
|Contact No. :||800.283.6296
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD, RPh Fee||10 Sep,2019||USD 625.00|
|NP, PA, RN, Resident, Fellow Fee||10 Sep,2019||USD 600.00|
|Optional - Joint Injection Workshop Fee||10 Sep,2019||USD 250.00|
|Optional - Biopsy, Wound Care Workshop Fee||10 Sep,2019||USD 125.00|
Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area,
101 First Avenue SW,
Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America 55902,
Kahler Inn & Suites,
9 3rd Ave NW,
Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America 55901,
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown,
225 S Broadway,
Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America 55904,