2019 Pharmacology Update for Dentists and Pharmacists: Opioids, Marijuana, Benzodiazepines, NSAIDS, Antibiotics & More is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on May 30, 2019 at Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton, Newton, Massachusetts, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7.5 Contact Hours.
• Dental Hygienists
• Dental Assistants
• Dental Office Managers
• Pharmacy Technicians
Did you know that 1 in 5 of your adult patients is currently using Marijuana?
Are you aware that more than half of your patients have an SSRI prescription at home and the other half have either an opioid or benzodiazepine prescription at home before they ask you for medications?
Do you have any idea what concurrent benzodiazepine, marijuana and/or SSRI use means to your medical and pharmacology decisions for these patients, or how you can best protect yourself from a malpractice suit with these patients?
If you are unsure, then you can’t afford to miss this opportunity to join Dr. Eric Bornstein for this comprehensive pharmacology update. Dr. Bornstein will make sure you leave this program confident in your knowledge of new prescribing rules, new contra-indications, evidence-based antibiotic therapy and more. And, we’ll include free customizable opioid informed, consent forms and updated drug history forms. We guarantee you will leave this seminar prepared to protect your patient and yourself!.
• Determine the 20 most common drugs that your dental patient may be taking with interactions and contraindications, including marijuana, new anticoagulants, new weight loss pills and nutritional supplements.
• Evaluate clinically proven new and modern pain management principles and strategies mandated by the FDA and the CDC concerning opioids.
• Analyze the dentist and hygienists role in understanding new resistant dental pathogens and new antibiotic regimens in the era of multi-drug resistant infections.
• Assess new evidence concerning antibiotic prophylaxis regimens for your patients, and how this will affect you medical/legally.
• Point out malpractice issues with prescribing opioids, antibiotics, and combinations of meds.
• Integrate updated Customizable Opioid Informed Consent Forms and new updated Drug History Forms into your practice to satisfy government mandates and prevent malpractice claims.
• Specify new anticoagulants, weight loss medications and nutritional supplements that your patients may be taking.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||10 May,2019||USD 269.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||29 May,2019||USD 299.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||29 May,2019||USD 269.99|
|Coordinator Fee||29 May,2019||USD 30.00|