2019 ENPC: Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course is organized by UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and will be held from May 22 - 23, 2019 at Blank Children's Hospital, Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America.
Purpose & Intended Audience:
The Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course was developed by the Emergency Nurses Association. It is designed to provide core-level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma patient. The content is presented through interactive online modules, instructor-led classroom activities, and hands-on skill stations with electronic testing at the completion of the course. This course is intended for licensed registered nurses who provide emergency care to pediatric patients.
Continuing Education Credits:
ENPC is a two-day course. This program has been approved for 18.33 Contact Hours from the Emergency Nurses Association. The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the ANCC. No partial credit will be given.
Pre-Course Modules: 4.83 contact hours
**You will not be admitted to the course if Online Modules are not completed**
Day 1: 7.5 contact hours
Day 2: 4 contact hours
Online Exam: 2 contact hours
• At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
• Describe the characteristics of life-threatening illness and injury in pediatric patients.
• Identify the various roles of the emergency nurse when caring for pediatric patients.
• Describe a focused triage assessment and history for the pediatric patient.
• Identify the anatomic and physiologic characteristics that may affect responses to illness and injury in pediatric patients.
• Identify the most frequent causes of illness or injury in pediatric patients.
• Describe the components of focused assessment for pediatric patients with illness or injury.
• Plan the specific interventions needed to manage the pediatric patient with illness or injury.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions related to patient outcomes.
• Identify safety, injury prevention, and health promotion strategies related to the pediatric patient.
• Identify misconceptions regarding the assessment and treatment of pain in pediatric patients in the emergency department.
|Contact No. :||515-241-6611
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-ENA Member Fee||21 May,2019||USD 250.00|
|ENA Member Fee||21 May,2019||USD 225.00|