2-Day: Trauma Conference: The Body Keeps Score-Trauma Healing with Bessel van der Kolk, MD is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Jan 31 - Feb 01, 2019 at Holiday Inn San Francisco-Golden Gateway, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Therapists, Marriage and Family Therapists Psychiatrists, Addiction Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Case Managers, Nurses Other Helping Professionals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 CE hours.
Join renowned trauma expert and NY Times bestselling author, Bessel van der Kolk, MD, for this transformational 2-day intensive workshop on the latest research and drug-free treatment techniques for your trauma clients.
Dr. van der Kolk will give you a new understanding of the neuroscience of traumatic stress and the research demonstrating the efficacy and possible limitations of mind-body treatment approaches. He will detail the benefits of neurofeedback, EMDR, meditation, yoga, mindfulness, and sensory integration methods such as dance and movement.
Through intriguing videos, case studies, and masterful explanation, you will learn how to give your clients:
• A way to find words that describe what is going on
• Ways to regulate their emotions
• The ability to trust other human beings after the shameful and horrific details of their lives
• The research on the latest tools to process traumatic memories
• Transformation! – to be fully alive in the present, not stuck in the past
Conference Objectives are:
• Analyze & communicate how traumatized people process information.
• Determine how sensorimotor processing can alleviate traumatic re-experiencing.
• Articulate the range of adaptations to trauma early in the life cycle.
• Substantiate how trauma affects the developing mind and brain.
• Communicate the recent advances in neurobiology of trauma.
• Differentiate between disrupted attachment and traumatic stress.
• Break down how adverse childhood experiences affect brain development, emotion regulation & cognition.
• Choose techniques of physical mastery, affect regulation and memory processing.
• Explore the development of Developmental Trauma Disorder.
• Critique the current DSM-5 position on DTD.
• Model how to integrate various treatment approaches in your practice.
• Through an understanding of the research, explore treatment strategy alternatives to drugs and talk therapy.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Advanced Fee||11 Jan,2019||USD 399.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||30 Jan,2019||USD 439.99|
|2 Group Rate: per person Fee||30 Jan,2019||USD 399.99|