2-Day: Psychopharmacology Conference for Today's Mental Health Professional: "Must Have" Information to Better Serve Your Clients is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Nov 21 - 22, 2019 at Kingsgate Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 12.6 contact hours / 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Nurse Practitioners
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• School Psychologists
• Others in caring professions
Spend two action-packed days learning about the newest advances in psychopharmacology and contemporary trends in medication management. From her unique perspective, Sharon Freeman Clevenger, MSN, MA, PMHCNS-BC, CARN-AP teaches psychopharmacology thoughtfully, with an emphasis on the experience of the client. Sharon’s years of experience in mental health and passion for clients shines through in the detail and thoroughness of her presentation.
Clients often only have a few minutes with their prescriber and require additional support. It’s vital that you are able to answer their questions, help manage side effects and understand reactions. Designed for counselors, nurses, psychotherapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals, Sharon provides the information you need in order to best help your clients.
This conference allows time for exploration of underrepresented areas, including ADHD, sleep, eating, and substance use disorders. Take home specialized guidelines for geriatrics, pregnant or nursing women, and clients with chronic pain. Discuss how the DSM-5® has impacted prescribing patterns and the use of psychotropics in newly defined diagnoses. In addition to a general ‘nuts and bolts’ review of medications, you will examine case examples, discuss medication controversies and how to effectively collaborate with prescribing practitioners.
Sharon’s engaging presentation includes many take home “pearls” you can use to teach your clients about their medications and how to protect them from concerning, dangerous or adverse effects. As a bonus, Sharon will discuss alternative approaches using nutrition, supplements, vitamins and essential oils. Increase your understanding about complementary alternative medications such as supplements and essential oils including expected effects, side effects and interaction effects with prescribed medications. You will find this conference to have the most up to date medication information and how to use it most effectively with your client.
Conference Objectives are:
• Specify how psychotropic medications are chosen for mood disorders and specific patient characteristics.
• Analyze the actions, therapeutic uses, and side effects of antidepressants.
• Assist clients in overcoming barriers that impede the efficacy of their medication regime.
• Determine options for clients with treatment resistant mood disorders.
• Communicate the actions, side effects, and therapeutic uses of antipsychotic medications.
• Evaluate the three critical strategies for improving collaboration with prescribing practitioners.
• Explore psychotropic medication treatment options for clients with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
• Articulate the efficacy of psychotropic medications in treating eating disorders and discuss how to integrate psychotherapy with psychopharmacology for successful treatment outcomes.
• Formulate medication treatment options for substance use disorders and discuss how to effectively incorporate medication assisted treatments into an overall plan for care.
• Analyze the interaction between women’s hormone levels and their mental health symptoms.
• Explore the use of complementary and alternative agents for treatment of mental illnesses.
• Determine the unique medication treatment considerations for geriatric clients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|
|Single Registration - Regular fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 499.99|
|2 plus Group Rate: per person fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news