2-Day Certificate in Nutrition for Mental Health Disorders: Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Strategies that Work! is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Nov 21 - 22, 2019 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Biltmore, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 12.6 contact hours.
• Case Managers
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
We have all had clients who come into the office in a depressed or anxious state, and yet they cannot identify just what is bothering them. Children are brought in with symptoms of ADHD, clients with addictions struggle to gain control of themselves, and others suffer with physical complaints in addition to mental health issues. It’s frustrating when traditional talk therapy is not quite enough to break through and it feels like something else is needed to meet your treatment goals.
That missing piece you’re looking for? It’s here – the mind-body connection.
Kristen Allott is a naturopathic physician specializing in alternative and nutritional approaches to mental health disorders, and she is here to help you bring this missing piece to your clients.
Imagine an increase in your client’s energy and mental clarity, allowing them to be more engaged in the therapeutic process. Simplify sessions when you readily have dozens of effective, simple strategies at your fingertips that enhance and complement your current treatment interventions. Feel your confidence improve when you identify nutritional deficiencies that contribute to anxiety, anger, depression, PTSD or ADHD.
Conference Objectives are:
• Articulate which nutrients are beneficial for reducing symptoms of anxiety, anger and depression.
• Assess clients’ potential nutritional deficiencies that could be negatively affecting their mental health.
• Communicate the potential complications of combining nutritional supplements and • psychotropic medications as related to clinical treatment.
• Analyze the impact of fats and proteins on clients’ mental and physical health.
• Determine when and how to refer clients to Complementary and Alternative Medicine providers.
• Incorporate complementary strategies to help improve your clients’ energy and mental clarity.
• Identify physiological causes of fatigue, depression, and anxiety to improve treatment outcomes.
• Differentiate between mental illness versus nutritional and hormonal imbalances as it relates to clinical practice.
• Distinguish symptoms of nutritional deficiencies to inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
• Integrate holistic assessment and treatment interventions to improve client level of functioning.
• Assess diet, exercise, and sleep in session without shaming a client.
• Evaluate how improved nutrition can improve therapeutic outcomes for clients with ADHD, anxiety, depression, addictions, and other mental health disorders.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|
|Single Registration - Regular fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 499.99|
|2 plus Group Rate: per person fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 439.99|