1st Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Course for Nurses
1st Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Course for Nurses is organized by International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) and will be held from Jul 24 - 26, 2019 at Regional Council of Nurses of Sao Paulo (COREN-SP), Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The course is intended for nurses, with or without experience with the management of Parkinson’s disease and other Movement Disorders and who are interested in further education, collaboration, and specialization.
The 1st Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Course for Nurses aim to increase the nurse’s knowledge and to build capacity for comprehensive, interprofessional care in the treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD) and other movement disorders (MD). Attendees will experience didactics, small group clinical patient rounds with experts and an opportunity to submit and present a patient case.
The course will also provide:
• An overview of PD and other MD from medical to social approaches related to the Latin American perspective.
• An update on PD and other MD, including evaluation and management of MD.
• A session on the importance of interdisciplinary management and inter-professional team care.
• Introduce the idea of self-determination of everyday life with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
• Advocacy for patients living with PD and other MD.
• The different aspects that limit self-determination: eating, communication, sleep, cognitive issues and how different technologies used to improve a better way of living can actually limit daily functions.
• Non-motor manifestations, gait disorders and deep brain stimulation, and a Latin America perspective will also be presented.
• Interdisciplinary management of patients with different levels of severity of PD and other MD utilizing clinical case with discussion.
• Recognize the clinical presentation, management, and progression of Parkinson’s disease and other Movement Disorders;
• Identify and explain the role of the nurses in the management of both motor and non-motor symptoms of • Parkinson’s disease and other Movement Disorders;
• Identify and differentiate between pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments in Parkinson’s disease and other Movement Disorders for the four stages of the disease trajectory emphasizing the role of the nurses in these different contexts of palliative care;
• Describe the unique and complementary role of each discipline in multidisciplinary care for Parkinson’s disease and other Movement Disorders;
• Define and discuss caregiver burden and strategies to alleviate caregiver stress.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+1 (414) 276-2145
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|MDS Member/Non-Member Advance Registration Fee||29 May,2019||USD 80.00|