14th Annual Practical Course in Dermoscopy & Update on Malignant Melanoma 2019 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Dec 06 - 08, 2019 at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America.
This course is designed for dermatologists, surgeons, oncologists, physicians in internal medicine, family practice, and general practice including MD, PA and NPs.
• 20.00 AAFP Prescribed
• 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 20.00 AOA Category 2-A
• 20.00 Attendance
This three-day course will provide the attendee with a multidisciplinary review of standard of care management practices and state-of-the-art advances in care of the patient with cutaneous melanoma. The first day will focus on epidemiology, prevention, pathology, surgical treatment and advances in systemic therapy for patients with melanoma. Breakout sessions will include discussions on surgery, medical oncology and introduction to dermoscopy and basic dermatology surgery.
Prestigious faculty will take the participant on a two-day in-depth immersion into dermoscopy for evaluating skin diseases including neoplasms and imaging of melanocytic and nonmelanocytic skin lesions. Participants will develop practical skills that will enable them to be more comfortable approaching patients with atypical skin lesions. This dermoscopy section is primarily targeted to clinicians, but NPs/PAs and residents with a focus on this field will find it valuable as well. The intended audience is dermatologists, surgeons, oncologists, physicians in internal medicine, family practice and general practice including physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Apply pattern analysis and simple algorithms for the identification of skin neoplasms
• Identify and differentiate melanocytic from non-melanocytic lesions using dermoscopy
• Describe uses of dermoscopy outside the dicipline of cutaneous malignancy
• Evaluate the efficacy and risks of sunscreens
• Describe and compare biopsy techniques and indications
• Identify what dysplastic nevi require excision
• Cite the rational for sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with a thin melanoma
• Describe an appropriate surveillance program following treatment of melanoma
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||1-800-323-2688
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D. - Early fee||30 Sep,2019||USD 895.00|
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D. - Conference fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 970.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Early fee||30 Sep,2019||USD 795.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Conference fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 870.00|
|Friday Only (December 6) Registration - Early fee||30 Sep,2019||USD 350.00|
|Friday Only (December 6) Registration - Conference fee||05 Dec,2019||USD 425.00|