Writing, Publishing and Social Media for Healthcare Professionals is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held during Apr 26 - 28, 2018 at The Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event for Physicians of all specialties, Psychologists, Educators, Scientists, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Administrators, Medical writers, Social workers and other healthcare professionals who want to improve their communication skills and publish their work. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description and Objectives :
This course is empowering physicians, psychologists, and other healthcare professionals to expand their visibility and influence in healthcare through traditional and new media. As an attendee, you will learn how to make the most of print, live, and online communication channels, and sharpen your ability to market yourself and your body of work. Individual sessions focus on:
• Best practices for connecting the public with your ideas and insights
• Getting your book published in 2018: new challenges and options
• Lectures and workshops to improve your writing and your "elevator" or book pitch
• Personalized instruction from top-tier writing coaches, editors, and literary agents
• Social media: introductory and advanced topics
• Self-publishing books, blogs, and websites
• Strategies for impacting national and international healthcare audiences
• Workshops to assist in the development of memoirs and narrative nonfiction
• Steps to ensure the success of your published work
Reasons to Attend in 2018
All attendees take home tools and techniques to publish in various venues, including, but not limited to: books, magazine and newspaper articles, blogs, patient brochures, newsletters, mobile apps, and social media. In addition, you will:
• Improve and expand your communication skills
• Get ideas to reframe your professional life
• Make invaluable contacts with editors, writing coaches, and literary agents
• Receive expert guidance (and practice time) to hone your “elevator pitch”
• Learn about how to productize your intellectual property
• Hear how to secure and prepare for speaking engagements on television, radio, and at live events
• Have fun and meet wonderful colleagues who share your creative energy
Customize Your Learning Experience :
You may also customize your learning experience by attending optional workshops led by healthcare publishing experts who will critique your pre-existing unpublished works, your ideas for new works, and/or writing that you do in class. These workshops represent a rare opportunity to learn and get input from the people who decide every day what gets published and what does not for the healthcare arena.
Over the years that Harvard Medical School has offered this CME course, it has altered the trajectory of many of its attendees’ careers. Past attendees report that the education they received and the contacts they made have been life-changing.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.