Vascular Ultrasound | The Hands-On Carotid and Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound Course (Mar 2018)
Vascular Ultrasound | The Hands-On Carotid and Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound Course is organized by Keith Mauney and Associates Ultrasound Training Institutes and will be held during Mar 10 - 13, 2018 at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Irving-Las Colinas, Irving, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Sonographers, Echocardiographers, Physicians, PA's, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Anesthesiologists, Research & Medical Device Professionals.
Conference Description :
This course will serve as a review and update on Hands-on intensive vascular ultrasound training with lectures and one-on-one discussion to build the complete ultrasound protocol to acquire and analyze all images. For all specialties and experience levels.
You'll learn the complete protocols for all aspects of vascular ultrasound imaging, including carotid and vertebral arterial disease (including IMT), DVT, Baker's cyst, venous valvular incompetence, arterial obstruction, graft and stent assessment, renal vascular disease, and vascular access.
We'll practice the protocols repeatedly in the Scan Lab and explain each step, with the clinical implications underlying each one. After regular class hours, the Scan Lab remains open around the clock for you to practice independently, on yourself or with your peers in class.
Conference Objectives are :
The class is strictly small so we can spend time on the topics we need to cover and all the ones you want to discuss. Our approach is totally focused on the patient diagnosis. No faculty members have any commercial interests or participation that might influence course content. There is no formal test in this class. Learners are evaluated continuously and positive feedback is offered throughout. Upon completion of this activity, you should be able to:
• Perform a complete ultrasound exam of the extracranial carotid and vertebral artery system; make and present all measurements of image and Doppler data.
• Chart the vascular anatomy of the brain from the aorta to the Circle of Willis.
• Describe the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and relate it to the ultrasonic-rendered findings of plaque morphology.
• Discuss the interrelationship of plaque morphology and diameter reduction in the potential induction of TIA and/or stroke.
• Identify and correct image and Doppler artifacts through both machine controls and operator technique.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||09 Mar,2018||USD 2500.00|