UCSF CME Essentials of Women's Health: An Integrated Approach to Primary Care and Office Gynecology 2018
UCSF CME Essentials of Women's Health: An Integrated Approach to Primary Care and Office Gynecology 2018 is organized by The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Office of Continuing Medical Education and will be held from Jul 01 - 06, 2018 at Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, and the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Overview :
Increasing appreciation of the unique needs of women patients and women's health care providers has created a need for innovative educational programs on women's health. This program, designed for family physicians, internists, gynecologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and all others involved in providing quality health care for women, will provide a practical update on a full range of common but controversial issues in women's health. The course will serve to enhance the skills of those already working in women's health as well as help develop new skills for those expanding their work to include more primary care and office gynecology. Developed and taught by UCSF faculty in both general internal medicine and obstetrics and gynecology, the course will present an integrated approach to women's health. Emphasis will be placed on new developments in preventive care and cardiovascular risk factors in women, issues in reproductive health, and clinical strategies in the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic complaints and common medical problems of women. Special emphasis will be placed on office skills needed for modern day practice including enhanced skills in physical examination, patient counseling, common office procedures, assessment of new medical technologies and therapeutics, clinical nutrition, and reading the medical literature. The course will use interactive lectures, clinical vignettes, hands-on workshops, small group discussions, audience response, and questions and answers. A detailed syllabus will be provided.
Conference Objectives :
The purpose of this course is to increase competence and improve clinician practice in women’s health. We specifically anticipate improvements in skills and strategies to:
• Implement new guidelines in office-based preventive medicine for prevention and early detection of cancer with clinical exam, Pap tests, genetic testing, and diagnostic imaging
• Implement new guidelines for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular risk factors in
• Diagnose and treat common problems in women's health including abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain, incontinence, menopause, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, atrial fibrillation, venous thromboembolism, hepatitis C, infertility, breast lumps, and breast cancer
• Recognize and treat common lesions of the vagina, vulva, and cervix
• Facilitate counseling and informed decision-making in preconception counseling, contraception, and abortion
• Perform common office procedures in gynecology and contraceptive technology
• Counsel patients about dietary change, exercise, vitamins, and supplements
• Conduct evidence-based preoperative assessment
• Understand new developments in inpatient care that impact women’s health
• Effectively prescribe new diagnostic tests and new medications
• Increase quality and decrease costs in medical practice
• Become the best medical teacher you can be.
Physician Rate: USD 895.0
Nurse, Allied Health Professional, Physician Trainee Rate: USD 745.0
Speakers: Robert B. Baron, MD, MS
Time: 4:00 pm to 9:20 am
|Contact No.||:||(415) 476-9000,
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physician Registration Fee||30 Jun,2018||USD 895.00|
|Allied Health Professional and Resident/Fellow - Registration Fee||30 Jun,2018||USD 745.00|