Treating and Addictions is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held during Mar 02 - 03, 2018 at The Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event for psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, counselors, educators, and other mental health and health professionals including family medicine practitioners and internists. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
This course will include an update on the clinical, theoretical, and research findings of addictive behaviors. As a result of attending, participants will be able to identify various addictions and their underlying causes and describe major issues in addiction treatment and the recovery process. Highlighted will be work with opioid patients. Discussions will include strategies for increasing access to effective treatment, reducing stigma, and raising awareness of the value of providing effective addiction treatment. Educational formats include didactic lectures, panel discussions, case presentations, and q/a. The course is intended for mental health and health care clinicians, addiction specialists, and others concerned with the addictions.
Learning Objectives :
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Identify brain substrates and the implications of desire
• Evaluate new findings on marijuana use and abuse
• Recognize key issues in opiate addiction and treatment
• Determine how to break the cycle of addictive behaviors
• Explain how self-help groups and psychopharmacology can work together
• Develop treatment plans for adolescents
• Explain the role of gender, technology, meditation, compassion, and self-compassion in addiction treatment.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(617) 384-8600|
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physician (MD/DO) - Course Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 400.00|
|Allied Health Professional / Other / Resident / Fellow - Course Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 300.00|