TOTS: Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty Training is organized by Texas Children's Hospital and will be held during Jun 01 - 02, 2018 at Texas Children's Hospital - Feigin Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is oral function professional including Speech-Language Pathologists and Assistants, Occupational Therapists and Assistants, Orofacial Myofunctional Therapists, and Lactation Consultants and Counselors. However, this training is appropriate for other professionals including Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Dental Hygienists, Dentists and Assistants, Dietitians, Physical Therapists and Assistants, Early Intervention Specialists, Osteopaths, Otolaryngologists, Chiropractors, Applied Behavior Analysts, and Psychologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14 contact hours.
• Describe normal anatomy, physiology, and developmental milestones for optimal oral function
• Cite current research regarding tethered oral tissues and correlated conditions
• Dispel myths regarding tethered oral tissues
• Define various tethered oral tissues
• List signs/symptoms of tethered oral tissues and correlated conditions
• Evaluate for presence and impact tethered oral tissues have on oral function, including proper oral exam and report writing
• Educate and communicate with patients, family, and other medical professionals regarding identification and treatment of tethered oral tissues, including educational tools and resources
• Execute a treatment plan for optimizing oral function in the presence of tethered oral tissues, including active wound management and specific treatment techniques
Participants who complete the training in its entirety will be granted permission to use and display “TOTS: Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty Training” logo, as a designation to the public of their completion of the training.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $420.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|