Thoracic Symposium at Sea: Highlighting Lung Screening, Interstitial Lung Disease and Cardiac Imaging is organized by Educational Symposia (ESI) and will be held from Jul 04 - 15, 2018 at Regal Princess, Copenhagen, Copenhagen (Hovedstaden), Denmark.
The target audience for this medical event is to educate radiologist, pulmonologists, as well as others who are interested in thoracic imaging. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Chest and cardiac imaging is evolving at a rapid rate. Technical advances such as iterative reconstruction radiation reduction and dual energy CT have revolutionized our approach to thoracic imaging. Lung screening has received approval from the Centers from Medicare and Medicaid with expansion in the number of programs and patients undergoing screening. There are new or updated lung nodule classification systems for both lung screening (LungRADS) and incidental lung nodules (revised Fleischner criteria).
Our knowledge of lung malignancy has also progressed leading to a new description and classification of premalignant and early lung cancer lesions. The recent approval of two therapeutic drugs for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis has led to an increased focus on interstitial lung disease for imagers, with new understandings of diffuse lung disease. There have also been remarkable advancements with respect to cross-sectional cardiac imaging both in technology and in the ability of imagers to visualize disease in the coronary arteries and beyond.
Attendees should, at the completion of this course, be able to:
• Discuss technological advances such as iterative reconstruction and dual energy CT and how they impact thoracic imaging.
• Describe the optimal approach to CT lung screening.
• Review the solitary pulmonary nodule and new concepts in our understanding lung cancer.
• Discuss the latest advances in definition and classification of idiopathic fibrosis and diffuse lung disease.
• Describe an intuitive approach to imaging of the mediastinum.
• Review the remarkable advancements that occurred in cardiac imaging, with a focus on cardiac CT.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Fee||06 Mar,2018||USD 995.00|