The Physics of Nuclear Medicine is organized by Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) and will be held during Mar 23 - 24, 2018 at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is for medical physicists and others wanting to learn more about the technical aspects of Nuclear Medicine imaging and those wishing to obtain the continuing education credits required by the ACR Nuclear Medicine Accreditation Requirements. It is also appropriate for medical physics students, residents and fellows, nuclear medicine technologists, and biomedical engineers interested in the technical aspects of nuclear medicine imaging. Radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians may also benefit in learning more on this topic. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 18 hours of continuing education Credits.
• Review the basic principles of nuclear medicine imaging devices and other equipment,
• Describe good programs for NM QC and testing,
• Provide an up-to-date overview of the multiple organizations that offer accreditation of NM facilities and their requirements,
• And offer advice on how the physicist can go beyond the basic accreditation requirements to assure that his or her facilities are providing the best possible patient care.
Included in the sessions are basic principles of PET and gamma camera operation and design, appropriate QC for these systems, what physicists should know about new products, image reconstruction algorithms, and QC and regulations regarding dose calibrators and other hot lab equipment.
Educational Objectives :
• Explain the basic principles of NM imaging (single photon and PET).
• Describe an effective QC program for PET, gamma cameras, and hot lab equipment.
• List similarities and differences between accreditation requirements for ACR and TJC.
• Identify at least two new areas of opportunity for physicists in NM.
• Describe relevant annual and acceptance testing procedures for NM devices.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physicist - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 780.00|
|Physicist Member - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 745.00|
|Technologist - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 780.00|
|Technologist Member - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2018||USD 745.00|