The PBI Professional Boundaries and Ethics Course Physician Essential Edition is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held during Mar 09 - 11, 2018 at Wyndham Chicago O'Hare, Des Plaines, Illinois, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is designed for professionals dealing with professional misconduct issues as well as medical educators and risk managers. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
With this class, you will learn to:
• Reduce disruptive behavior by recognizing your risk factors.
• Comply with all standards of practice, codes of ethics and state statutes.
• Understand the vulnerabilities and risk factors that predispose you to violations.
• Recognize the early warning signs of ethical and boundary dilemmas.
• Improve your interaction with patients by adhering to professional boundaries.
• Reduce the risk of violations by those you manage.
• Create and implement a tiered Protection Plan to maintain appropriate professional, organizational, and personal boundaries.
• Enhance team and clinical communication.
Gain the real-world information you need about:
• The full range of boundary violations: sexual and non-sexual.
• Distinguishing among boundary drifts, crossings and violations.
• Assessing your own violation potential, risk factors, triggers, and catalysts.
• The stages of recovery and the challenges offending professionals face post-violation.
Course Objectives are :
Upon completion, physicians will:
• Comply with standards of practices, codes of ethics, and state statutes
• Demonstrate appropriate clinical decision making by minimizing negative influences
• Adhere to professional boundaries with resultant improvements in physician-patient interaction, which can improve clinical outcomes
• Reduce their potential of transgressions through the development of systems into clinical practice
• Become aware of the early warning signs indicative of ethical dilemmas and boundary problems
• Create and implement a tiered Protection Plan to maintain appropriate boundaries
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||08 Mar,2018||USD 2250.00|