The Efficacy of Hypnosis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Biofeedback for the Alleviation of Anxiety, Pain and Phobias in the Dental Patient 2018
The Efficacy of Hypnosis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Biofeedback for the Alleviation of Anxiety, Pain and Phobias in the Dental Patient is organized by UCLA School of Dentistry and will be held during Apr 21 - 22, 2018 at UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Psychologists, Clinical Hypnotherapists, Psychiatrists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14 CDE Credits.
Conference Description :
For over a century, hypnosis has been used as an effective method for the treatment of many issues in medicine and dentistry. In the field of orofacial pain, we are faced with issues whose etiology can often be profoundly puzzling. From bruxism and gagging to TMD and migraine, hypnotherapy has been tested and scientifically proven to be an effective adjunct to traditional therapy. Now hypnosis combined with cognitive behavioral therapy and biofeedback can be used to effectively decrease anxiety, phobias and pain as well as increase treatment compliance and decrease healing time. Attendees will learn the art of hypnotherapy from simple induction techniques to deepening procedures through suggestion methods. Each attendee will receive hands on training in hypnosis as well as biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy. Each attendee will also personally experience the state of hypnosis and will learn how to teach others to experience it.
Conference Objectives are :
• Hypnosis, biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy
• Key definitions and terminology
• Training on basic hypnotic procedures: progressive relaxation, visualization, basic deepening techniques, suggestions, hypnotic inductions
• Training with biofeedback hardware and software
• Application and understanding of basic cognitive behavioral therapy
• Management of dental challenges employing these modalities
• Anxiety, phobias, gagging, treatment compliance, bruxism, pain management, migraine, TMD
• Communication, suggestibility, trust and rapport
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Conference Fee||20 Apr,2018||USD 500.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news