Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD) Mini-Residency is organized by Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and will be held from Sep 14, 2018 - Feb 09, 2019 at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 40 Credit Hours.
This Mini-Residency program is designed for dentists who would like to increase their knowledge of TMD (Temporomandibular Disorder) and is suitable for both beginners and for individuals who have previous experience with TMD patients. Course participants will engage in lectures, group discussions, and extensive hands-on workshops, with the goal of preparing themselves to evaluate both simple and complex TMD cases.
As part of this program, participants will learn the necessary steps to complete a comprehensive TMD evaluation and will be given detailed information on the epidemiology, classification, signs, and symptoms of this condition. Participants will also receive instruction on how to develop an appropriate plan of care for TMD patients while understanding when adjunct forms of therapy should be incorporated. The program will provide a clear understanding regarding the need for a multidisciplinary approach in the management of patients with TMD. At the completion of the program, participants should be able to understand the correlation between the jaw, muscles, head, cervical spine and body posture in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with temporomandibular disorders.
Session I will be held from Sep 14 - 15, 2018
Session I :
• Three Dimensional Concepts of Dental Occlusion as They Relate to TMD
• Epidemiology and Classification of TMD
• Myofascial and TMJ Related Disorders
• Common TMD symptoms develop from the use of MAD devices for OSA
• Diagnoses, Imaging and Clinical Examiniation of TMD
• Oral Appliance Therapy Part I
Session II will be held from Dec 07 - 08, 2018
Session II Description:
• Cervical Spine and Body Posture as it Relates to TMD
• The Role of Physical Therapy in the Management of TMD
• Adjuncts Therapies for the Management of TMD
• Clinical Case-based Learning
• Oral Appliance Therapy Part II
Session II will be held from Feb 08 - 09, 2019
Session III Description:
• Neurological and Psychological Assessment of TMD Patients
• Differential Diagnosis and Management of Headaches
• Management of Complex TMD Cases
• Oral Appliance Therapy Part III
• TMD and Sleep Disorders
• Develop a familiarity with the causes and treatments for TM
• Practice case-based learning in regards to TMD diagnosis
• Understand when to incorporate other forms of professional therapy for TMD patients
• Become able to effectively diagnosis and treat patients with TMD
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.